Conflict Resolution Program Resources:
- EOD's EOD's Conflict Resolution Services
- Elder and Family Meditation
- Office of Mediation & Ombuds Services
- EAP's Conflict Resolution Program
- Tips for Managers to Help Staff Return to Work with Highlights
Referring Your Employee
How to Refer
When an employee appears to be struggling with work and/or personal issues, their manager may refer the employee to the County of Santa Clara Employee Assistance Program (EAP). The EAP offers a safe, free and confidential place to talk with a licensed professional counselor, to find out about available community resources, and to figure out new plans of action.
However, Managers may not realize that EAP is there for Managers, too. EAP can offer Managers help in a number of different ways: face-to-face counseling for personal issues, phone and/or face-to-face consultation regarding workplace issues, and specialized training for your work group.
Counseling for Managers
You may find it helpful to schedule an appointment for yourself to deal with the stresses of your demanding life, including those of being a manager in these difficult times.
We suggest that you offer this 45 minute video on Conflict Skills to your employees.
Conflict is normal between every two persons. Sometimes we disagree, sometimes we misunderstand each other, sometimes we want different things. In this class, we will learn how conflicts develop and practice ways to "lower the temperature" and improve our chances of getting what we want. Dealing with conflict skillfully is essential for being effective at work and a way to improve all of our relationships.
We welcome you to access EAP in whatever way works for you. Know that you don't have to go through difficult times alone. If you have any questions, please call EAP at (408) 241-7772.
- October 2021 - Frontline Supervisor
- September 2021 - Frontline Supervisor
- August 2021 - Frontline Supervisor
- July 2021 - Frontline SupervisorJune 2021 - Frontline SupervisorMay 2021 - Frontline Supervisor
- November 2020 - Frontline Supervisor
- October 2020 - Frontline Supervisor
- September 2020 - Frontline Supervisor
- August 2020 - Frontline Supervisor